Film festivals around the world feel the impact of the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus. Events are cancelled, postponed or shift to online happenings. For the open access journal NECSUS we specifically solicit „festival reviews“ that deal with film festivals in the context of COVID-19. What tactics and strategies are employed to face the current crisis in the festival world? Possible topics to consider include:
– discussion of festival decision-making: cancellation, postponement, going digital, etc….
– review of alternative (online) festival programming
– turning your eye to the digital competition: whose filling the current gap?
– review of (lack of) national support measures to protect organizations and professionals
– curating at a time of social distancing
Contributions are max 2,500 words. For other guidelines see https://necsus-ejms.org/review-submissions/.
Deadline for submission will be late August.
If you are interested in contributing, please contact the section editors Marijke de Valck (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Antoine Damiens (Antoine.email@example.com) with a short proposal.
Necsus | Review Submissions<https://necsus-ejms.org/review-submissions/>
Festival Review Submissions. The NECSUS film festival review section publishes critical writing on film festivals. It offers a platform for writing that falls between the fast and prolific genre of individual festival reports and the slow and rigorous labor of film festival research.